CouponsForm, CouponEditForm - Discount Coupons Section
In finance and economics, discounting
is the process of finding
the present value of an amount of cash at some future date, and along
with compounding cash forms the basis of time value of money
calculations. The discounted value of a cash flow is determined by
reducing its value by the appropriate discount rate
for each unit
of time between the time when the cashflow is to be valued to the time
of the cash flow. Most often the discount rate is expressed as an annual
With the help of Zen Cart Discount coupons you can Manage orders' discounts.
You can perform such basic operations as:
- Refresh data
forces Zen Cart list of discount coupons to update. It is useful when you're
changing connection or have any doubts e.g. whether were the latest data
displayed or not.
- Add coupon calls blank Edit Coupon form, which is used to create a new coupon. The description of Edit Coupon form see below.
- To edit coupon you can double click on it or use "Edit" button. It calls Edit Coupon form for selected coupon.
- To clone coupon click on clone button. It calls Edit Coupon form for selected coupon. Please see below for options.
- You can Delete coupon from your store. Pay attention that you won't be able to undo delete from store option.
- To Adjust columns width use icon.
- You can Export coupons to EXEL and Print coupons report using corresponding options.
When you press Add, Clone or Edit buttons Store Manager calls Edit Coupon form.
First of all you have to enable active checkbox to make Zen Cart coupon available.
Coupon Properties includes:
- Date added and date modified;
- Start and end date;
- Coupon name;
- Coupon code;
- Coupon type - % off, $ off or Free Shipping;
- Coupon amount - enter your coupon discount or calculate it;
- Minimum order - set min. order amount;
- Uses per coupon - set limits per coupon;
- Uses per customer - set limits per customer;
- Valid Product list - make discount for curtain product;
- Valid categories list - make discount for curtain category / subcategories.
Click Ok button to save this entry, or click on cancel button to discard this entry.
Also you can configure the way your discount coupons are displayed at
the main Zen Cart Discount Coupons page. There is a gray box on top of
all columns that says : "Drag a column header here to group by that
Whenever you drag any column header there, discount coupons will be
grouped in Categories by this selection. You can Expand/Collapse any
category by doubleclicking on it. When any category is opened, you'll be
able to see full description of orders.
There's also a possibility to build a "category tree" using this
filter type. Let's say you want all your orders grouped by Coupon type
and each Coupon type by different Coupon amount. You simply have to drag Coupon
type header into the grey field and drop it behind Coupon amount. You
can also set Coupon type as a category with subcategory Coupon amount.
Just drop Coupon type ahead of Coupon amount and you’ll see the result.
When you drag Column header back into the table, its column of values will be placed where you drop it.
By eMagicOne Inc.