fmEmailTemplates, fmEditEmailTemplate, fmHTMLEditor - Email Templates Section
With the help of this section you can create regular email contents and use them when changing Order status.
You can add, clone or delete templates. You can edit, apply changes
or cancel changes, attach files, insert macro and preview your template.
So, you can perform such basic operations as:
- Refresh data option forces
list of templates to update. It is useful when you're changing connection or
have any doubts e.g. whether were the latest data displayed or not.
- Add template calls blank email template properties form, which is used to create a new template. See below for more options.
- To edit template, just double click on it to see properties of your email template.
- To clone template, use the corresponding button.
- You can delete selected template from your store . Pay attention that you won't be able to undo this action, unless you've made d-base backup.
- Preview Email - - allows you to preview your e-mail, except
macros (which may be shown incorrectly here, you'll be able to check them
before they will be sent).
- Test Email - - also you can send a test e-mail to check if everything is well done.
Add Email Template
In order to add template follow a few steps listed below:
- Click add template button , it calls blank email template properties form, which is used to create a new template.
- Specify any name and description. It's better to use names and
descriptions that brings you some information about this template.
- Click OK to save this entry and to add content, or click cancel to discard this entry.
- Specify your template content:
- From - Specify your e-mail.
- Subject - Specify e-mail subject.
- Text Area - Add e-mail content. You can use one of available default templates.
- Preview for and Preview - You can preview your e-mail to see the result.
- Insert Macro - Macro allows you to insert data from
your database (for example [customers_firstname] field) to automate
routine tasks. You won't need to go over each order and to edit the
text, you can use predefined templates.
- Edit as HTML button calls
HTML editor window of category description.
It has 2 tabs: HTML and Code, and Properties Toolbar. Source preview is useful if you are working directly with "raw" HTML text, which gives you precise control over the tags used at the page. However, by default, you can still work with objects visually.
- Attach images if you use any. Use Add button and browse image on your local PC to add one.
If you use HTML Editor to add images, they will be added as attachments automatically.
- Click Apply Changes to save this entry, or click Cancel to discard it .
Now you can send an e-mail using this template, while changing order status.
By eMagicOne Inc.